Economic Activity and Development
The present economic activity of Teslin includes Government Services from the Federal, Territorial, First Nation and Municipal governments. Economic activity in the private sector includes tourism, mining, construction, transportation, energy and service sectors.
Improved availability of internet technology also opens up new opportunities for business creation and the opportunity to market the many attributes and local innovations of Teslin worldwide.
Teslin Integrated Sustainability Community Plan
Increasing community capacity through education, training and skills development and supporting individuals in achieving their personal goals is a priority according to the community of Teslin and is laid out in the Teslin Integrated Sustainability Community Plan.
For business investors, Teslin offers:
- A supportive, and responsive First Nations and municipal government
- Northern expertise in mining, telecommunications, construction and tourism
- Excellent funding and incentive programs
- Well-developed infrastructure with all-weather highways
- Balance of traditional and modern life
- Exceptional landscape, wildlife and tourism opportunities
- Strong commitment to a healthy, sustainable community
What are the Facts?